If you want to change the world…
I had the honor of attending the wedding of player I began working with when he was in 7th grade and coached/trained through high school yesterday. Incredible experience. In some ways Hoop Diaries started in Connor’s backyard as we put in work and kept track of every set, rep, shot and workout. This post is dedicated to Connor Kavanaugh and Lexi Bishop. #LexiCon
A couple of things that touched my soul… First, is the importance of family. I can’t say enough about the Kavanaugh family, the way they support, cherish and invest in people is genuine and refreshing. They are ALL IN PEOPLE. Second, is the impact of friendship. It was great to see all the intersections that naturally happen within life and come full circle in the form of FRIENDSHIP. And finally, the POWER OF FAITH. This plays out for everybody differently, but it was great to see such an intangible, yet undeniable force on full display. In some way, this video reminded me of Connor, our time, his special day and his beautiful wife Lexi.
A great friend shared this commencement speech with me and I found it touching, inspiring and challenging. It’s worth your time to watch. YOU WILL GET BETTER.
You have the ability to change the world by how you live. CHANGE STARTS WITH YOU.
1. Make your bed – Complete one task, SMALL VICTORIES.
2. Live with HEART. There is no substitute for pursuing something wholeheartedly.
3. Find someone to help you paddle – EVERYBODY NEEDS A TEAMMATE.
4. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn’t. Either way PRESS ON.
5. Embrace the “Circus” – LIFE happens. BE READY.
6. Head First – If you want to change the world sometimes you have to attack problems HEAD ON.
7. Don’t back down – STAND YOUR GROUND.
8. You must BE YOUR very BEST in the darkest moments.
9. Live and Give Hope. POWER OF HOPE.
10. Don’t EVER, EVER ring the bell. NEVER GIVE UP.
Get BETTER Faster. #hb